My PWS

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Few Pics

The first two I took on the way in to the Dollar General (how we ever got along without it, I don't know, lol). It's not uncommon for me to be able to make the 12 mile drive without meeting another vehicle. If the mood strikes to stop in the road and snap a pic, I have no fear of disrupting the flow of traffic.





The next few are of a time honored summer tradition that we have in common with some members of the animal kingdom--let's go swimmin! These are this year's young geese. There are adults scattered through to supervise, of course, but most of these younguns cannot fly well, if at all. You can see that their wings don't have adult plumage yet, so they are not strong enough to get them airborne. I encountered them yesterday evening on a cruise through the game reserve. They were crossing from the water on one side of the road to the other. You can tell they weren't real worried about my presence.





1 comment:

Buffalo said...

You seem to have the inate ability to capture a moment from time. As always, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing it, great photos Brisen.